Thursday, July 03, 2008

More Shaves and Sad News...



So I think I've finally cracked the spokeshaves........
Took a bunch of them round a friends house so they could have a play with them and I could get some feedback. There was a definite winner, so I've taken that on board. And I've made a new shave, this time from Walnut. It feels good and performs sweetly - so don't be surprised to see them appear on Phillyplanes.co.uk soon.....;)


Sad news - comedian George Carlin recently passed away. George was a huge favourite of mine - many an hour has been passed driving with George gently ranting away in the background. Yes, he was funny, opinionated, rude and had a never ending pile of lists of things that "pissed him off". But underneath that, you knew he was really just reminding us how we are all the same.
I'll miss you, George
Philly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to try one of those shaves! I would like to make my own one day but I have to crank out a few more projects that are long overdue.

I agree about George Carlin. I have satellite radio and I spent a lot of time on the road this week and the comedy station played Carlin all day long. It is amazing the size of his body of work. His voice hasn't changed since he was 18 either.

Philly said...

Thanks, Shannon!
I love the way George can make me laugh while at the same time reminding me I'm "just human" :)
Cheers
Philly