Saturday, September 30, 2006

Knobs and Inlay


After a hectic week it was good to take it a bit easy today. Spent some time in the workshop but, as I was rather tired, didn't do too much. Tired PLUS tools EQUALS mistakes, raised blood pressure and accidents. Did a couple of jobs to keep my hand in, though ;)
The tool chest-remember that? Well, I've been making excuses over the handles for the drawers (a Philly stumbling block!). After making a few on the lathe I then bought some brass knobs to try. Nope, back to the lathe. Broke out some Rosewood I've been hoarding and started making the final versions. Gonna be o.k. I think-what do you think so far? The rosewood really is a pleasure to work and the smell is fantastic. Sigh.....

After that I started to glue in the inlay on the chest top. A real nice touch, I can see me using inlay a lot in the future! Almost looks like I know what I'm doing.
Enjoy the weekend,
Philly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, er, knobs, Philly!

Can't wait to see the inlays.

Take care, Mike

Philly said...

Thanks Mike. Didn't dare ask for advice this time....;)
Phil

Anonymous said...

nice job mucka. Glad you used the inlays